Are you looking for a summer camp or learning opportunity for your child?
The Arroyo Viejo Recreation Center has announced a series of summer camps and classes for Oakland youth.
Here are a few of the programs being offered:
For ages 5-13
Town Camp is an 8-week summer program that helps participants learn leadership skills and develop self-confidence in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Academic, enrichment and recreational programs
- Field trips
- Cooking projects
Making Beats with Reason
For ages 13-18
Participants will learn how to make and produce songs in Reason (integrated music production software) using synthesizers, samplers, and drum machines.
This hands-on class will teach:
- Fundamentals of creating your own music
- Basic piano chords
- Studio etiquette
Kidz Bop Camp
For ages 8-13
Students will learn the music recording process as they sing a kid-friendly version of a pop music hit. They’ll also have an opportunity to learn the basics of video making by producing a music video of the recorded song.
Filmmaking for Social Media
For ages 13-18
Participants will learn:
- Skills for expressing themselves through short video clips that can be published to social media
- How to safely explore social media
- Fundamentals of digital video production, from pre-production through production and post-production
- How to use state-of-the-art cameras, as well as editing software such as Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie
For dates, costs, and more details, download the registration packet (PDF).