“The story of the transformation of a 170 acre field right in the city of Oakland into a community of homes, with its own park railroad station and civic center, is one of the business romances of the west. This is the story of Havenscourt.”

Excerpt from The San Francisco Call newspaper from November 29, 1913 [Read full article here]

Wickman Havens Real Estate Company opened Havenscourt in 1912. The official entrance was at Havenscourt Blvd and East 14th Street, where there was a pergola and a gazebo. The Havenscourt station and business district was located  Havenscourt Blvd and Bancroft.

Looking south on 66th Street from Arthur StLooking south on 66th Street from Arthur St
Havenscourt Blvd at Bancroft looking towards Frick School

Havenscourt Blvd at Bancroft looking towards Frick School

67th Avenue between Arthur St and Avenal Ave

67th Avenue between Arthur St and Avenal Ave

64th Avenue and Foothill Blvd

64th Avenue and Foothill Blvd

Please note that images on this page are credited to A Bit of History website. Get more images information by clicking here.